Summer in the Killington Region
Summer in Killington is a special time. The mountains of Vermont, a lush green with summer foliage, for the perfect backdrop for outdoor activities.
The junction of the Appalachian and Long Trails form a nexus of hiking trails through the Green Mountains. Both through and day hikers alike can access some of the most breath taking scenery in North America from the many craigs, cliffs, gores, and overlooks that exist in the area.
Of course, golf courses abound through out the region. From mountainside to the valley floor, you will find a golf course that will push your game to it's limits.
If golf is not your game, how about mountain biking, covered bridge tours, site seeing in local villages, Ben and Jerry Ice Cream, you name it, you can do it from Killington. Some helpful links to find summer attractions can be found below.
- Appalachian Trail - running up the spine of the Appalachian mountain chain, the trail crosses Route 4 west in Killington
- Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory - the home of the eclectic duo out to save the world one scoop at a time in Waterbury Vermont
- Billings Farm & Museum - a working dairy farm and museum, in Woodstock Vermont, 15 miles east of Killington on Route 4
- Calvin Coolidge Historic Site - Family home of the 30th president, in Plymouth Notch, on Route 100A, 8 miles east of Killington
- Covered Bridges of Vermont - a list of local covered bridges from the Birch Ridge Inn at Killington
- Green Mountain National Golf Course - a championship course carved out of the Green Mountain National Forest in Killington
- Hiking - a list of local hiking paths from the Birch Ridge Inn at Killington
- Horseback Riding at Kendron Valley Stables - Guided horse back trail rides in South Woodstock Vermont, 15 miles east of Killington
- Killington Adventure Center - get wet on the waterslide, mountain bike Killington, ride the gondola, at the Killington Resort
- Killington Music Festival - a weekly concert series in the summer at Killington
- Killington Resort Golf Course - the original resort course with stunning vistas of the Green Mountains as a backdrop
- Lake St. Catherine Country Club - in Poultney Vermont, 25 miles west of Killington via Route 4
- Long Trail - the oldest long distance hiking trail in the United States, following the Green Mountains from Massachusetts to Canada
- Mountain Biking - information on biking from the Birch Ridge Inn at Killington
- Montague Golf Club - in Randolph Vermont, approximately 20 miles east of Killington
- Neshobe Golf Club - in Brandon Vermont, 20 miles North West of Killington off Route 7
- New England Maple Museum - discover Vermont's signature syrup, on Route 7 North in Pittsford Vermont, 15 miles NW of Killington
- Proctor Pittsford Country Club - on Corn Hill Road in Pittsford Vermont
- Prospect Bay Golf Course - a 9 hole golf course overlooking Lake Boomoseen, 20 miles west of Killington off Route 4
- Rutland Country Club (Semi Private) - very scenic layout in Rutland Vermont, 12 miles west of Killington
- The Spa at the Woods - pamper yourself on a soul searching journey of relaxation, in the Woods Complex, just off the Killington Road
- Stockbridge Yacht Club - if your yacht is an inner tube, this is the place. Tube the White River from Route 100 North, 8 miles from Killington.
- Stonehedge Golf Course - a 9 hole Par 3 course in North Clarendon Vermont, 15 miles east of Killington
- White River Golf Club - on Route 100 North in Rochester Vermont, 16 miles north of Killington.
- Woodstock Country Club - at the Woodstock Inn, Woodstock Vermont, 15 miles east of Killington.
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science - caring for wild birds of prey in Quechee Vermont, 20 miles east of Killington on Route 4
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company - build yourself a bear today in Shelburne Vermont, 40 miles north of Killington on Route 7